Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
The University of Alabama College of Engineering supports active undergraduate research participation through the National Science Foundation’s Research Experience for Undergraduates Program. REU projects involve students in meaningful ways in ongoing research programs or in research projects specifically designed for the REU program. The REU Program provides indirect funding for undergraduate students to participate in research.
UA Engineering REU Programs
The University of Alabama College of Engineering supports the following NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates Programs. Contact each program manager for additional information.
- Engaging and Training Alabama STEM Teachers in Sensing Technologies
- Fluid Mechanics with Analysis Using Computations and Experiments
- Fractional-Order Circuits and Systems Research Collaboration with EU COST Action
- Interdisciplinary Convergence to Advance the Biotechnological and Bioscience Workforce
- Innovative Macromolecular and Polymer Research Experience in San Sebastian (IMPRESS)
- Security for Emerging Networks in Energy and Intelligent Transportation Systems