Engineering Solutions for Clean Energy Generation, Storage and Consumption
The University of Alabama REU in Engineering Solutions for Clean Energy Generation, Storage and Consumption is housed in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering. This program spans ten weeks and offers opportunities for 10 students from UA and other institutions across the nation. All students will have the opportunity to present their research at the AIChE Annual Meeting during the fall of 2013 in San Francisco, CA!
Available research projects share the theme of clean energy engineering. REU participants will undertake research that involves developing technologies for more environmentally-benign energy.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
- Notification Date: April 6, 2013
- Program Dates: May 20 – August 2, 2013
For more information about this program, contact the following program managers:
We encourage applications from students who are also members of a group underrepresented in computing (women, African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, persons with disabilities, first generation higher education, low income) or who are enrolled in a minority, women’s, or non-doctoral institution.
Complete the online application by the March 15 deadline for full consideration. We reserve the right to make offers to promising applicants before the deadline. Transcripts, letter of recommendations, etc. are not required.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions
- Be unemployed or in an inactive status in any position held during the ten-week program
- Be and remain an undergraduate student in good standing
- Plan to complete a degree program
- Contribute to an ongoing research project through collaboration with faculty members, graduate students and other undergraduate students
- Take part in a professional development program designed to foster research and technical communication skills through training, practice and experience and to encourage pursuit of graduate studies
- Interact with students, academics and practitioners in a number of settings, ranging from informal meetings to a professional conference
- Have the opportunity to present their research at the Annual AIChE Meeting during the fall of 2013 in San Francisco, CA
Participant will receive:
- Competitive Stipend
- Housing in an apartment-style residence hall on UA’s campus
- Relocation allowance
- Books and other supplementary materials
- Commit at least 40 hours per week to REU activities
- Attend semi-weekly professional development workshops or research seminars
- Attend bi-weekly field trips or social events